In 1949 Martin Roach completed his apprenticeship at Tommy Thomas’s yard in St Ives with this 17′ punt. She is a lightly built clinker dinghy with larch planking and an oak centre line. She has steamed oak ribs. The rest of the structure has been replaced recently and must be removed for a more integral restoration.
We will replace her keel, stem, stern knee, fore knee, transom, ribs, sheer strakes, a few more planks, inwhales, stringers, thwarts, knees and the sole.